Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hello Strangers! I'm Back!

It has been a very long time since I've been on here, and after catching up on everyone else, I have to say that I've definitely missed it. The blogger world is a great way to escape from everything else in life that is happening, (that you may want to forget for a while), and frankly, I have needed an escape. In the last... three? months that I've been M.I.A., a lot has changed. First off, I got a new job with the Wal-Mart Home Office as a Food Safety Coordinator in Feb. It was much better than the call center, as things were so micromanaged for me, and I could be trusted to take care of task on my own for the most part, but I can't lie...I just wasn't happy with doing something every day that didn't identify with who I am... whatsoever. My personality does not scream "EXCEL SHEETS!! REPORTS!!! STATISTICS!!!" at all, so I found myself bored and kind of grumpy a lot of the time. To shorten this story a little bit, if you haven't already guessed it, I put in my two weeks notice and after reaching a five year career with Wal-Mart, I'm saying good-bye to the largest company in the world. This Thursday, tomorrow actually, is my last day....EVER! Am I scared? Absolutely. But more importantly, I'm happy. To be honest, I've never been happier, and the will power to not just walk out today and not go back tomorrow is running thin. Don't get me wrong, Wal-Mart is a great company to work for, but you really have to find your niche within the company. For me, it's nothing to do with food safety inspections, pest management, or computer programs galore. Let's see...what else has happened in the life of Mrs. Harriman? (Yes, I still get tickled to death to say or hear my new last name). Well, those 56 days that I was counting down in my last post have gone by, and another 30+ have passed. Tyler's been gone since March 26, which I know isn't that long, but it really feels like an eternity. I miss him, a lot, but thank God I get to fly out to see him on Friday. His battalion at Ft. Benning is having a family day 36 hours pass that starts Saturday morning, until Sunday night, so I am going to go enjoy time with my honey :) I'm very excited to see him, because I've been awfully lonely. Ahhheemmm.... We are also EXPECTING! I found out on April 14,2012, and was able to tell him on the 15th by facetime! He is happy about it, and I can't even begin to explain how ecstatic I am. We were trying before he left, and I worried that I couldn't get pregnant for some reason or another...but we did!! It would had happened at around the day before he left for training, so it really was a miracle. We are due on December 15, 2012. So, so, so, so happy! Anyway, I just wanted to start getting back in the blogger world and get up to date with everyone. Thanks to those who still follow! I'll be busy over the next few months, but I'll try to stay focused on here! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment