Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Congested

Today has been so uneventful, but I wouldn't of really preferred it any other way. I slept horridly least night, partly from being huge and prego, but mainly because I've developed a nasty sinus cold. I woke up last night probably anywhere from around 8-12 times not able to breathe because of the sinus congestion I'm experiencing. I finally got to sleep solidly at around 02:40, but of course it seemed like only five minutes before it was time to wake up. I didn't want to at all and would had much rather of stayed in bed, but I had to take Ty to work. Before I moved here, we sold his car since it was so old, but now we only have one car. I usually wouldn't mind being stuck at home without any means of transportation, but since I'm sick I figured it would be a good idea to have it just in case. I was going to go to an express care clinic to make sure I'm not trying to develop strep, but when I called the office to ask how long the wait was, they said that there were A LOT of people waiting. By that time it was already almost 13:00, so I decided to just suck it up and run to Walmart for some Tylenol Sinus and Cold. I've gotten one dose down, and although my sinus headache is gone, I'm still congested as hell. Let's see.... I also sat down and strictly planned out our next two weeks of grocery shopping. I'm talking grocery list in order of which department we visit at the commissary first to the next, and according to which meals we plan on making. About a month ago we noticed that we were spending WAY too much on groceries (food in general really), so for this past month, we've been trying to stick to meal plans and strictly cut cost. Believe it or not, paying close attention to where you spend your food money really cuts cost. We went from spending $850.00 a month, about $425 every two weeks, to spending under $300.00 this past month; only about $130 every two weeks! Where all of that money went, I couldn't tell ya! We ate out a lot more than we allow ourselves to now, but dannnnnng, I seriously didn't think it was that much of an issue! Lesson learned, though, and thankfully so! I have no idea how I just made a pretty lengthy paragraph about such a boring day, but hey, I'll take it! Tomorrow is my 33 week appointment and then I'll probably go put that orderly grocery list to use! Hope everyone is having a great day, and a Happy and Safe Halloween!!

1 comment:

  1. Groceries have gotten expensive lately. My plan of attack lately has been to stay out of Wal-Mart. I've spent way less on groceries since I've been skipping going there.

    You could probably talk you your OB about you cold since you are going there anyway.

    ReplyDelete