Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Oh Baby!!!

I'm extremely excited for our first little one that is due on December 15th! If any of ya'll remember, right before Ty left we were trying for our first child. I quickly became EXTREMELY discouraged because it didn't happen right away. I thought that there was a possibility that I couldn't conceive, but it turns out that I just wasn't patient enough. We tried up until he left and wasn't successful (or at least I didn't know we were!!!), so I just accepted it. Well, that time of the month strolled around back in April and I hadn't been blessed yet with good ol' aunt flow, so I decided to go to the dollar store, buy a stick, and run into Starbucks to go ahead an just confirm the "NO" that I was so highly expecting. I remember going into the restroom just knowing that it would be the last negative (and that would of been our last chance for a while), so when the negative wasn't so negative, you better believe I threw that puppy into my purse (or wallet, pocket, I don't really remember) and bolted outside. I'm sure there were people who looked at me like a freak since I was smiling ear to ear right after exiting the public restroom, but I didn't care. I got in my car, started driving to my mom's house to tell her, and on the way there, I called my mother-in-law to tell her the good news. I wanted to tell Tyler so bad, but the only way I got to talk to him was if he called me...and that didn't happen until the next day. Luckily, we facetimed and I got to show him the proof (that's all 6 sticks to be exact!) and he just couldn't believe it. He was very happy, but still very shocked. We both knew that it was meant to be. We finally conceived and it was right before he left. How could that NOT be meant to be?!?! Anyway...I went through all of that just to show ya'll some photos of mine and little man's journey to December 15th! Say hello to Channing! :) I'm in love with the theme for his nursery... too CUTE! Most recent at 33 weeks! Almost there!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Congrats! You look absolutely adorable. I looked like a walrus while I was pregnant.

    Best wishes in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I feel like a beached whale to be honest...haha!! Very excited for him to be here and it's so soon! :)

    ReplyDelete